As our first season at Biblins is drawing to an end we are reflecting on the successes so far. Since our first guests during a very snowy and cold March, we have welcomed over 5000 young people to the site who have enjoyed a fabulously warm summer of camping and outdoor activities. Our bookings continue to be a mix of Schools, Scouts, youth groups and other organisations working with young people.
Over the coming months we will continue to make improvements to the site and develop activities for groups to access.
We have recently run an outdoor First Aid training course with Borderlands Outdoors and will be running a series of further training courses during 2019
We are really pleased to be able to offer camping facilities to those who don’t have their own equipment or may just prefer to come to a camp that is already set up. We will have Bell tents for 30 young people plus staff tents. A marquee for dining and shelter as well as a fully equipped field kitchen. Camp Koodoo is available to book now and will be welcoming campers from the beginning of May.
Some of the jobs we have planned over the winter include:
- Providing washing up points throughout the site as currently we have one sink available to the whole site.
- Tree planting to help delineate the public footpath and direct walkers away from some of the camping areas.
- Renew signage around the site.
- Develop plans for the Biblins Bunkhouse in accordance with your feedback.
On site Activities
Alongside the adventurous activities provided by great local companies, for 2019 we aim to be offering a variety of on-site activities, these are to be booked in advance. Please keep an eye on the website and Facebook for these new opportunities.
Our calendar of courses and opportunities on site is filling up, so far we have booked in:
- 1st Dec. Tree planting. 10 – 4pm. Please bring a spade and gloves!
- 18 – 24th Feb. Working week. We will be on site carrying out practical jobs all week so come and join us for as much as you can.
- 22nd Feb. Outdoor First Aid.
- 28th April. Warden Training.
- 23 & 24th March. 1, & 2nd June. 21 & 22nd Sept. Bushcraft for leaders. A series of Bushcraft training events designed to give group leaders the skills and confidence to run Bushcraft with young people.
Volunteer at Biblins
We have a growing group of volunteer wardens and have held two warden training days this year. A big thank you to all of you who have volunteered at the site and helped the season run smoothly.
If you fancy staying in our cosy cabin for a few days in exchange for some warden duties, or would like to volunteer on site in other ways please get in touch.