Biblins Youth Campsite is owned by the Forestry Commission and managed by Woodcraft Folk, to benefit children and young people. Woodcraft Folk aims to:
- Support more children and young people to enjoy residential experiences at Biblins
- Provide appropriate information to group leaders, to ensure children and young people have a safe stay at Biblins
Who can stay on site?
For the period of 8th July 2020 – 30th November 2020 Woodcraft Folk are welcoming Household groups, with a maximum of 2 households per pitch / Booking.
Woodcraft Folk does not accept bookings for stag or hen parties due to the risk of disturbing other guests and our neighbours.
Every booking must:
- Name a booking lead who is over 18
- List all guests expected on site,
- Provide contact details (address, phone, email) to enable effective communication
At heart we are a tent camping site, while we do allow small camper vans please be aware that we do not have hard-standing pitches, electric hook up or a chemical toilet disposal point on site.
How to book?
All bookings will be made via the dedicated on-line Booking System, available via the following link on the Biblins website:-
For Family and Household bookings for the period 8th July – 30th Nob 2020 payment is required in full at the point of booking.
Woodcraft Folk attempts to keep all prices low, and continue to offer camping at our discounted youth group rate through this period.
All bookings are to be made for 2 nights minimum.
- Camping guests – £5 per person, per night
- The Burrow – £125 per night, for up to 19 guests
- Herf’s Barn – £25 per day (24Hrs)
- Toilets and Showers – Free. An individual toilet cubicle, shower and sink will be allocated to your booking in one of our toilet blocks.
- Firewood – £10 per night
- Canoe launch – £2 per boat (see below for more info)*
- Parking – £2 per vehicle per day
*Canoe Launch Charges – For Campers with their own boats, the charge will be £2.00 per boat, for unlimited launches during residency. For non-campers, or campers using an external canoe company, the charge will be £2.00 per boat for each activity session. Activity Providers may also buy an Annual Launch Permit, to cover all launch fees for the season – please enquire by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We would prefer invoices to be paid either via the on-line payment link provided within the booking system, or by BACS transfer to the account as detailed on all invoices. We do also accept cheques, made payable to “Woodcraft Folk Biblins Youth Campsite”.
For Family and Household bookings for the period 8th July – 30th Nov 2020 payment is required in full at the point of booking.
Cancellation and Refunds
When a group requests a cancellation and an alternative date is not booked, within the 2020 season.
More than two weeks in advance a 20% cancellation fee will be charged
Less than two weeks in advance a 50% cancellation fee will be charged
Less than 48 hours before 4pm on the day of your booked arrival the full charge is payable.
Where a cancellation is made, by Biblins Campsite, due to site closure for safety reasons, or other unforeseen circumstances, groups will be offered the opportunity to re-book on alternative dates. If the alternative dates are not acceptable to the group, then a full refund of ALL payments will be made.
In the unlikely event that a group is required to leave the site, due to unacceptable behaviour, no refunds will be made.
Arrivals and Departures
All groups are requested to adhere to the following arrival and departure times, to ensure a smooth change-over of occupancy on site – especially during busy periods.
- Arrive on site after 4pm, please sign in at the Warden’s Cabin
- The entrance gate is locked each night at 10pm each night.
- Departure by 11am on the last day of your booked stay.
In order to help maintain social distancing we are not allowing day visitors at this time.
Exclusive use of the entire site can be arranged, for a minimum fee of £1,500 per night.
There is no internet connection on site.
Telephone and mobile signal
An emergency land-line phone is located on the exterior wall of the Warden’s cabin, for use by groups, to call the Emergency Services. Please note that there is no reliable mobile phone signal on site. Network signal is available at the King Arthur’s Cave car park, at the top of the access track.
Litter and waste
All groups are responsible for their own waste and we ask all guests to leave the site as they found it.
Bins are provided for recycling and general waste.
At Biblins you can recycle paper, cardboard, plastics, metal and glass.
Cleaning during your stay
Woodcraft Folk believes in co-operation and expects all guests to look after the site during their stay.
- To maintain social distancing your party will be allocated a toilet, shower and sink in one of our toilet blocks. Please ensure your party use only these dedicated facilities.
- Please use the hand sanitisers provided.
- Please keep your dedicated facilities clean, our wardens will do a daily deep clean of each block.
- Picking up your litter
- Placing waste in the bins provided (this should be done regularly to prevent animals being attracted to food waste)
- Placing tools in secure boxes
In order to maintain social distancing our washing up areas will be closed during this period. Please do NOT use the sinks in the toilet blocks for washing up, and ensure that all washing up water is disposed of appropriately.
- Leave no trace
- Return all unused firewood to the wood store
- Clean your allocated toilet block
- Make sure all waste is placed in the bins provided
Groups should leave the site as they found it, ensuring they take all their equipment home with them.
Biblins and Woodcraft Folk are not responsible for injuries to individuals or damage to their property whilst on site. Please take precautions to ensure that you and your equipment are safe and secure.
We are aware that accidents do happen and, inevitably, Biblins campsite fixtures, fittings and equipment will suffer unintentional damage at the hands of campers. All damages should be reported to the on-site warden, so that they may be rectified as soon as possible.
Whilst we will not normally charge for accidental damage, we reserve the right to levy a charge to any groups found responsible for damage caused by misuse or deliberate intent.
Groups are welcome to have open fires in the pits and stoves provided. Fire wood is available from the Warden’s cabin £10 per night.
Please do not forage for wood in the surrounding forest and DO NOT attempt to light any fires within the woods. The forest is a SSSI and needs to be protected.
There is a designated area within the woods, where fires and Bushcraft activities may be carried out – please enquire for further details.
Out of respect for other campers and for our neighbours on site, we require that all groups observe the quiet-time between 10pm and 7am. In addition, we do not permit amplified music at any time. The on-site warden will remind any groups who are being discourteous of this requirement.
The Biblins canoe launch is available for use by prior arrangement. All groups using the canoe launch should be under the supervision of a qualified instructor. If you need local recommendations for activity providers, please see the Biblins Web Site.
To help us maintain the track and launch point, we charge £2 per boat to use this facility. See the fees section, above, for more information on launch fees.
The only permissible access to the River Wye, from Biblins Camp Site, is via the Canoe Launch facility. This is for access to the river in boats only and is NOT to be used for swimming. At all other locations the bank and shore of the River are in private ownership and access is NOT permitted. This includes the beach area, downstream of the bridge.
These restrictions have been applied by the owners of the river-bed and banks and neither the Staff nor the Wardens at Biblins campsite have any authority to overrule them.
The climbing crag is not available during July and August 2020.
Access to the site
The local road access to Biblins campsite is narrow and winding, so please drive with care. The local roads are suitable for minibuses, with frequent passing places. The final descent into Biblins is along a Forestry Commission maintenance road – please drive here with extreme caution, looking out for walkers, wildlife and forestry vehicles. Please close the two barrier gates behind you as you proceed.
The lower barrier will be locked between 10pm and 7.30am. There is to be no vehicular movement on site between these hours. The upper barrier is never locked, but must be closed after use.
Parking on site
Biblins encourages lift sharing to reduce traffic on site.
A parking charge of £2 per night will be levied for each vehicle for the duration of the stay.
Groups are encouraged to park alongside the campsite track, close to their pitch. For the safety of all campers, a 10MPH speed Limit applies whilst driving on site, or on the approach road. Please be vigilant for walkers and wildlife.
There is also an overflow car park at the entrance of the site, near the Bunkhouse and, at busy times, we may ask guests to use this instead of parking cars on site.
When a yellow weather warning is in place, for snow and ice, we ask that all vehicles are parked at the King Arthur’s Cave car park, at the top of the access track, to prevent vehicles becoming stranded on site.
BBQs and cooking on site
Groups are welcome to BBQ on site and should take appropriate fire safety precautions. All BBQs should be raised off the ground. A number of bricks are available at the warden’s cabin to support you to do this.
Fire pits may also be used for open fire cooking.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED on site. This includes all cigarettes, cigars, pipes and e-cigarettes.
A designated smoking area can be agreed with the on site warden.
Drugs, alcohol and intoxicating substances
Biblins Campsite has adopted and will adhere to the Woodcraft Folk’s Drug and Alcohol Policy. For further details, please see:- http://woodcraft.org.uk/resources/drugs-alcohol-tobacco-and-intoxicating-substances-policy
Dogs are NOT PERMITTED at Biblins Camp Site. Only registered assistance dogs will be allowed to camp, or stay in any of the buildings at Biblins.
Members of the public are permitted to walk their dogs along the public footpath, through the centre of the site. All dogs are required to be kept on a lead and their owners are required to pick up after their dogs. Please report any irresponsible dog owners to the on-site warden.
All campers should bring everything they need for an enjoyable stay.
Please be aware that there is very limited lighting on site, so a Torch is essential.
Please also note that we DO NOT provide Toilet Rolls or soap in the showers and toilets – so please make sure to bring your own!
Please bring equipment to enable you to wash up kitchen items at your pitch as washing up sinks are closed.
Covid-19 safety requirements
To prevent the spread of Covid-19 all guests must abide by the following instructions:
- Not attend if they have symptoms linked to Covid-19
- Not attend if they have had contact with someone who has developed symptoms in the last 10 days
- Inform a warden or staff member if you, or any of your party, develop symptoms linked to Covid-19
- Leave site if you, or any of your party, develops symptoms whilst on site
- Arrive and depart at their allocated time
- Only use the bathroom stalls allocated to them
- Social distancing must be adhered to – you must remain 2m away from all other site guests
- Use a face covering in shared areas
- Use hand-washing facilities provided immediate adjacent to shared areas
- Follow cleaning and usage instructions for shared areas
- Follow the instructions of on-site staff and wardens
We have developed a detailed risk assessment to manage Covid-19 risks, which includes:
- Staggering the arrival and departure time of guests
- Increased cleaning
- Leaving properties vacant between guests
- Greeting guests outside
- Reducing the number of site users
- Avoiding shared equipment
- Allocating guests to different bathrooms, or stalls within shared bathrooms
- Providing hand washing facilities